The Center for Family Support (CFS) mission is to provide support and assistance to individuals with developmental and related disabilities. We are the first agency in New York to achieve the Council on Quality and Leadership Certification (CQL). By achieving this certification, it shows our commitment and dedication to creating services that enhance and improve the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
We are seeking an energetic, positive person who will be responsible for staff development. The ideal candidate will be mission driven with a passion for talent development and possess the ability to train and coach a diverse population.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is classroom instruction applying knowledge of various learning styles.
- Participate in new initiative trainings and special training projects as developed.
- Use multimedia to present to an audience including PowerPoints, videos and computer modules.
- Participate in distribution of electronic records and distribution of materials as necessary.
- Schedule training session and facilities for internal and external trainings as directed by Management
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or degree in Health or Human Services required.
- Experience in working in an agency that supports individuals with intellectual disabilities is a strong plus.
- Prior experience as instructor and instructor certification in mandated agency training courses (e.g., CPR, SCIP-R, preferred.
- Knowledge of the DSP Code of Ethics and Core Competencies
- Excellent oral presentation and facilitation skills and a sound understanding of positive coaching techniques.
- Willingness to travel to multiple sites
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including but not limited to Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to conduct multiple tasks effectively and efficiently and ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Knowledge of OPWDD regulations.
- Strong relationship with management and the ability to build relationships.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
We offer a competitive suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plan and much more.
Please submit your Resume and cover letter for consideration to email@example.com
CFS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, disability or veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.