Responsible for auditing program spending and ensuring fiscal policies are followed by residences. Other tasks will include assisting in accounting duties as needed.
Essential Generic Job Functions:
- Perform monthly audits for both New York and New Jersey as follows:
- service recipients’ personal needs allowance spending
- service recipients’ burial accounts
- purchases made by residence managers on behalf of service recipients.
- Provide program’s management and senior management with audit findings for course of corrective action.
- Coordinate follow-up meetings to address previously identified audit deficiencies and ascertain findings are satisfactorily addressed in a timely manner.
- Perform monthly audit of credit card holders purchases for both New York and New Jersey.
- Provide senior management with a listing of credit card holder who failed to provide credit card receipts.
- Follow-up with credit card holders for missing receipts on continuous basis.
- Serve as backup for remote deposit cash/checks daily and maintain deposit details with appropriate back up digitally, in Box.
- Maintain and update monthly mileage log and update the Personal Use of Corporate Car (PUCC) file.
- Clear bank transactions in accounting software for both NY and NJ bank accounts.
- Prepare bank letters to update authorized signatories for service recipient bank accounts as needed.
- Performs other accounting duties such as bank reconciliation and cash transactions as assigned.
Engage with program managers and senior management staff to establish a professional relationship.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Associate or bachelor’s in accounting
- Minimum one-year accounting experience
- Solid understanding of basic of generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to effectively calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills