The Center for Family Support (CFS) mission is to provide support and assistance to individuals with developmental and related disabilities. We are the first agency in New York to achieve the Council on Quality and Leadership Certification (CQL). By achieving this certification, it shows our commitment and dedication to creating services that enhance and improve the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Payroll and Human Resources staff in the completion of timely and accurate processing of bi-weekly payroll for all employees in multiple states.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process bi-weekly timesheets, time clock records and other time records to accurately pay staff for time worked and benefits used.
- Process all verified valid pay corrections and edits as requested and approved by the Payroll Manager and/or senior management in accordance with standard payroll practices.
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests for data/information received through phone, email or any other means. Distribute bi-weekly payroll reports to management as assigned.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, to include payroll activity, vacation/sick/holiday/personal benefit activity, and other payroll related activity.
- Review and validate payroll results prior to issuance of payroll.
- Prepare and issue manual checks as needed.
- Work with Finance staff on stop check payments.
- Maintain periodic and ad-hoc payroll reports, such, pension, IRS, employee verification requests.
- Maintain relationship with other Payroll, Benefits, Human Resources staff, as well as with vendors, and other external service suppliers.
- Validate employee change of status forms and new hire authorization forms.
- Prepares manual checks as necessary.
- Oversees maintenance of payroll records and files including but not limited to sick time and vacation and other accrued leave.
- Assist with vacation and other account reconciliations.
- Responds to routine inquiries concerning payroll deductions, wage garnishments, and earning verifications.
- Reconciles all payroll-related accounts and activities.
- Assists with the development and implementation of payroll practices, policies, and procedures.
- Assists with related special projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have knowledge and experience with Paychex.
- Versatile computer skills a must, including knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphasis on Word and Excel.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service and telephone etiquette.
- Experience with Paychex Reporting.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to focus on details and ensure appropriate follow-up occurs.
- Ability to prioritize work utilizing appropriate sense of urgency.
- Must be detail-oriented and deadline driven
- Self-starter who can multi-task and work collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work flexible hours when necessary.
- Must have knowledge of garnishments, wage and hour laws, payroll rules and regulations
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Associate’s degree required, or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least two years of high-volume payroll experience required.
We offer a competitive suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401K, tuition reimbursement program and much more.
Please submit your Resume and cover letter for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CFS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, disability or veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.