The Center for Family Support (CFS) mission is to provide support and assistance to individuals with developmental and related disabilities. We are the first agency in New York to achieve the Council on Quality and Leadership Certification (CQL). By achieving this certification, it shows our commitment and dedication to creating services that enhance and improve the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
The Office Manager executes a variety of facility and office related activities for the Agency.
- Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the main office
- Manage and approve all CFS major purchases, assisting residential programs with equipment and other major purchases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the planning and execution of returning to the office by implementing COVID policies and protocols that emphasize the health and safety of the office, and ensuring our team is following all safety protocols.
- Manage our return-to-office process, including overseeing maintenance and construction, coordinating furniture and office layout rearrangements, purchasing supplies, and assisting staff with office requests.
- Develop organizational procedures and systems for employees as we re-enter the office.
- Support staff with desk and space setup for transitioning back to the office after working remote.
- Serve as the primary contact for office-related needs, including managing all day-to-day operations of the NY office and supporting overall business continuity and office operational efficiency.
- Provides admin staff cross-training and development.
- Maintain a high-functioning office which including daily maintenance of appearance of common areas and meeting spaces, overseeing office supply orders and inventory, kitchen refreshments, as well as equipment and appliances.
- Manage the front desk by assisting employees and vendors, manage mail and packages (including outbound mailings), and respond to office requests both in person and via email.
- Serves as Back-up Receptionist.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and manage relationships with building management and vendors to ensure a clean and efficiently operating office; oversee and coordinate office maintenance for facility issues, repairs, cleanings, and improvements.
- Negotiate and manage vendor contracts; maintain office budget and process invoices and expenses.
- Manage, maintain, and improve office policies around security and emergency action planning; manage security cards and office security systems. Take the lead role when responding to building and facility alarms and emergencies.
- Manage and improve administrative processes by identifying improvements and implementing solutions that save time and improve accuracy.
- Coordinate office events (when safe) such as All Hands by setting up and breaking down space, in collaboration with IT.
- Liaise with vendors for copiers, telephony, etc. troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoots utility inquiries from NY sites i.e. Verizon, Con Ed, etc.
- Manages the Verizon Wireless account i.e. allocation, add/deletions and changes.
- Managing the inventory and tracking of off-site storage with Iron Mountain.
- Facilitates the EOM Newsletter and office events.
- Makes decisions within the job description; does not make any decisions outside of set CFS guidelines, practice, policy and procedures.
- Attends staff meetings and other job-related meetings as requested by Director.
- Adhere to all policy and procedure as reflected in the CFS Employee Handbook.
- Other assigned duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience.
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Be highly organized and multi-tasking abilities.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Education and Experience Requirements
High school degree or AA degree
BA/BS Degree preferred
2-4 years of experience in an office manager or administrative role.
Communication, Relationship Management, Analytical and critical thinking.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds.
We offer a competitive suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401K, tuition reimbursement program and much more.
Please submit your Resume and cover letter for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CFS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, disability or veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.