The Center for Family Support (CFS) mission is to provide support and assistance to individuals with developmental and related disabilities.
In New Jersey, The Center for Family Support operates several group homes, including one supervised apartment, serving individuals in eight counties throughout the state. The homes are located in Bergen, Essex, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Passaic, Somerset and Union. We also have three large special needs day programs; one on Bergen County, one in Union County, and one in Somerset County.
We are seeking an energetic, take charge person, who is an excellent communicator, with a high degree of competence and attention to detail. This position reports to the Program Director and will be responsible for billing, processing and collecting on all Medicaid claims.
This position resides in Hackensack, New Jersey.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and processes Medicaid and Line Item Contract Billing.
- Supervise billing staff and provide support/training to current and new staff members.
- Post monthly program revenues.
- Produce monthly aging reports and follow through on all denied claims, in process claims or otherwise outstanding claims, remittance advice etc.
Improve collection rate of all aged items.
- Update billing manual and policy.
- Work with program managers and funders on all billing related issues.
- Create and send claims in the Therap system weekly.
- Create/update Service Authorizations (including SDRs) and Claim Templates in the Therap system.
- Cross reference all billing documents with the IDF in Therap (make corrections as needed/suggest corrections as needed).
- In conjunction with the billing team correct Service Authorization and documents as needed.
- Monitor and update team on expiring Authorizations.
- Keep current on all Therap modules in respect to billing, train staff as needed up and down the supervisory chain.
- Complete billing related to recovery as needed (i.e.: back-billing).
- Maintain relationship with Therap billing team, Support Coordinators, Medicaid and DDD IT team members as needed to resolve claim issues.
- Routinely monitor eligibility.
- Track service recipient count, placement and disruption of all service recipients in CFS care.
- Analyze billing and service recipient count, placement and disruption of all service recipients in CFS Care.
- Ensure most up to date documents are stored properly in Therap (ISP, SDR, and PCPT updates).
- Update and monitor spreadsheets related to claims, aging, etc. as required.
- Routinely cross reference work with admins and or finance department and the billing team.
- Assist in providing billing and expense information for all audits.
- Strong relationship with management and the ability to build relationships.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma equivalent required.
- Knowledge of Medicaid Billing.
- 2- 3+ years of medical billing and claims resolution.
We offer a competitive suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plan and much more.
Please submit your Resume and cover letter for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CFS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, disability or veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.