The Center for Family Support (CFS) mission is to provide support and assistance to individuals with developmental and related disabilities. We are the first agency in New York to achieve the Council on Quality and Leadership Certification (CQL). By achieving this certification, it shows our commitment and dedication to creating services that enhance and improve the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
We are currently seeking Human Resources Assistants to provide support in the day to day operations of the Human Resources Department.
- Maintain and create confidential personnel files.
- Assist with all new hire implementation process.
- Assist with all payroll matters; confirming direct deposit information.
- Update change of statuses.
- Update status information for Criminal Background Check.
- Maintain Driver’s Alert Notification.
- Process State Clearance forms.
- Completion of Reference Checks.
- Completing verification letters/NYC Housing forms.
- Maintain Fingerprinting database and filing system for all Programs.
- Assist in processing all background checks and Offer Letters.
- Follow up on all correspondence for employment records.
- Manage Unemployment claims.
- Assist in administrative duties, including scheduling interviews for recruitment; and reference checking.
- Scheduling and maintaining information for Pre-employment Physicals, etc.
- Performs other HR-related tasks or projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelors’ Degree in the human resources field or related experience preferred.
- 2-3 years working as an Administrative Assistant in the Human Resources field preferred.
- Excellent written, communication, and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge in employee benefit insurance coverages and contracts preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with others.
- Knowledge of MS Word and HRIS systems
Communication, Relationship Management, Analytical and critical thinking.
$34,000 – $36,000
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended amount of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If you are interested in working for an agency that cares about its employees and working with employees who are dedicated and committed to our mission, please submit your Resume and cover letter for consideration.
CFS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, disability or veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please send a copy of your resume and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.