- This event has passed.
Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program Workshop
March 3, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Come Learn About the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program!
The Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program allows for family members, friends, or individuals in the community to be their caregiver and get paid through Medicaid.
Megan Shergill and Joe Policastro from Premier Home Health Care Services Inc. will be guest speakers at this workshop hosted by The Center for Family Support (CFS).
DATE & TIME: March 3rd 2020, 6pm – 7:30pm
LOCATION: The Center For Family Support, 333 Seventh Ave, NYC, NY, 10001
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- CASE MANAGERS
- SELF DIRECTION BROKERS
- SOCIAL WORKERS
- HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS
- THOSE WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR LONG TERM HEALTH CARE AND MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
WE WILL DISCUSS:
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR CDPAP, AND HOW EASY IT IS TO ENROLL
- BUST THE COMMON MYTHS ABOUT CDPAP
- HOW DOES AN INDIVIDUAL SIGN UP TO BECOME A CDPAP CAREGIVER
- BENEFITS THAT CDPAP OFFERS FOR CONSUMERS AND CAREGIVERS
- SCOPE OF PRACTICE FOR CAREGIVERS IN CDPAP, AND HOW IT DIFFERS FROM TRADITIONAL HOME CARE
- HOW CDPAP AND OPWDD PROGRAMS CAN BE USED TOGETHER
- DISCUSSION OF THE LATEST UPDATES IN HOME CARE AND CDPAP, AND WHAT TO DO IF YOUR CURRENT CDPAP AGENCY IS CUTTING RATES FOR REFUSING TO WORK WITH YOUR HEALTH PLAN
Contact Premier Home Health Care Services, Inc: 914-618-5906