The Center for Family Support (CFS) mission is to provide support and assistance to individuals with developmental and related disabilities. We are the first agency in New York to achieve the Council on Quality and Leadership Certification (CQL). By achieving this certification, it shows our commitment and dedication to creating services that enhance and improve the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
We are seeking a Director of Development who will be responsible for our vital revenue streams which include planning, organizing, and directing The Center for Family Support’s fundraising special events and capital campaigns, while managing the development budget. The Director reports to the Chief Executive Officer and works closely with the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors. This is a part-time position. Work schedule is two-days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and organize all aspects of the company’s fundraising programs.
- Research and identify potential donors and sponsors and implement strategies to foster positive relationships.
- Establish and maintain friendly business communications with individual and business donors or sponsors.
- Report on program progress to senior management and the board.
- Oversee the development budget and monitor expenses.
- Create reports post-event to analyze data and determine the marketing effectiveness for the fundraising program.
- Meet with senior management to gauge business needs and brainstorm ideas for fundraising programs for the coming year.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques.
- 5-7 years of experience in professional fundraising.
- 5 years in a non-profit development.
- 3-5 years of management experience required.
- Solid, proven budget management skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff and board members.
- Have the desire to build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, be mission-driven, self-confidence, and good listening ability.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Experience measuring data and outcomes of events to determine marketing effectiveness
- Strong organizational abilities including collaborating, planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Proficient with social media platforms.
Please submit your Resume and cover letter for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CFS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, disability or veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws