The Center for Family Support (CFS) which operates in New York and New Jersey provides a variety of residential and community support services to individuals with developmental disabilities of all ages. CFS is the first organization in the NY Metropolitan area to have been accredited by The Council on Quality and Leadership (CQL).
We are currently recruiting for a Benefits Coordinator to administer various employee benefits programs such as Group Health, Dental, Life/Long-term disability, 401K and wellness programs for New York and New Jersey.
- Maintain and complete confidential benefits files
- Stay current on pertinent benefits issues
- Administer leave programs and policies in accordance with federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, NYPFL, COBRA, Worker’s Compensation, Short-Term DBL,); attend unemployment hearings
- Serve as primary contact for onsite benefit Event- Health Fairs. In addition, administer and assist in implementation of wellness programs.
- Reviewing/administering monthly benefit statements
- Administer Child support notice/Medical Benefits
- Monitoring/Reviewing all accruals (vacation, Sick, Personal days)
- Complete ESR yearly
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelors’ Degree in the human resources field preferred
- 2 years Benefits Administration preferred
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with others.
- Knowledge of MS Word and HRIS systems
Communication, Critical Evaluation, Relationship Management, and decision making.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
CFS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, disability or veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.APPLY FOR THIS POSITION