Job Title: Assistant Director
Department: Residential Services
Reports to: Director
Job Type: Full-time
Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field, Master’s degree preferred. Three to five years experience in the field of Developmental Disabilities with substantial experience in management.
The Assistant Director will oversee the daily operation of his or her assigned case load; including oversight of quality of services and supports received by the service recipients; monitoring staff deployment; maximizing agency resources; creating and implementing specific management plans; reviewing life/safety issues to reduce/minimize untoward risks.
- Oversee the operations of residences, in accordance with agency policies and procedures, adhering to OPWDD regulations and guidelines.
- Hire, train and supervise the Residence Managers and Assistant Managers. Ensure managers monitor all residential staff in fulfilling their respective responsibilities within the residence.
- Assist in the recruitment, orientation and evaluation of residential staff. Assist manager with staffing issues (i.e., progressive discipline and staff development).
- Assist and participate in intake screening procedures and insure all admission policies are followed.
- Ensure and monitor the development, implementation and recording mechanisms for treatment plans for service recipients focusing on increasing individual’s capacity to function more independently or minimize/prevent regression.
- Facilitate communication with the day programs and related work sites to enhance comprehensive case management.
- Coordinate residence programs and overall operations in the absence of a manager.
- Ensure incident reporting procedures are adhered to and provide managers with guidance on completion of necessary documents and submission deadlines.
- Review and approve reports as needed (i.e., weekly report, payroll, Res Habs, PPO, etc)
- Review documents on Therap.
- Conduct record reviews in order to ensure compliance and identify potential problems to be resolved. Communicate information to relevant parties, including the Director, MSC, BIS, etc.
- Monitor physical plant of the residence and ensure that environmental needs are addressed.
- Serve on standing committees as assigned (i.e., IRC, Human Rights, Corporate Compliance, etc.)
- Monitor Personal Allowance and Petty Cash to ensure regulatory compliance and appropriate spending of monies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with family members/advocates of the service recipients and address concerns as they arise.
- On-call to provide guidance and support during off hours and emergencies.
- Work schedule and location are subject to change based on the needs of the department.
- Perform other related duties assigned by your supervisor.