The Center for Family Support (CFS) mission is to provide support and assistance to individuals with developmental and related disabilities. We are the first agency in New York to achieve the Council on Quality and Leadership Certification (CQL). By achieving this certification, it shows our commitment and dedication to creating services that enhance and improve the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
We are seeking an energetic, take charge person, who is expected to perform a variety of duties including receptionist, mail room assistant and additional administrative duties in order to provide the highest quality service to staff. This is an entry level position.
- Answer each incoming call in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner. reroute calls to appropriate people. Answer inquiries. Screen calls and deliver messages.
- Greet and direct visitors.
- Accounts Payable filing, data entry, copy and file records. Maintain and update alpha numeric filing database systems.
- Heavy lifting required (40 lbs.) Storage room, maintenance and arrangement of boxes. Routine maintenance tasks to include minor repairs to furniture, change light bulbs, open/close radiators windows and shades, add locks to desks, hang fixtures.
- Restock/order/ office inventory.
- Order and assemble/move/arrange office Furniture.
- Manage Office equipment, and office maintenance services.
- Handle the schedule for Conference room, manage calendars and arrange appointments.
- Assist Supervisor with administrative duties including special events.
- Mail room duties include distribution of internal and external mail, Fed-Ex packages scheduling.
- Perform other office duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication
- Work independently
- Maintain confidentiality
- Good relationship management/team player
- Knowledge of computer skills/Microsoft suites
- Bilingual a plus.
We offer a competitive suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plan and much more.
If you are interested in working for an agency that cares about its employees and working with employees who are dedicated and committed to our mission, please submit your Resume and cover letter for consideration.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended amount of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
CFS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, disability or veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
To Apply for This Position:
Please send a copy of your resume and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.